Hotel and Tourism direction in Ali Hadri Secondary Vocational High School, Peja
The Service Room within the Hotel and Tourism management was created as part of the activities within the SEED Step III project.
The SEED Step III program is supported by the ADA and is implemented in two countries, Kosovo and Serbia, and aims to contribute to the strategic development of the labour market, a contribution to poverty reduction and gender equality in these countries. The three-year program in Kosovo is implemented by the “Syri i Vizionit” organization and focuses on promoting sustainable partnership that pushes the creation of an active labour market framework at the local level and access to formal employment.
Special attention has been paid to young people and women through: employment support, facilitation between the public and private sector, strengthening partner organizations, expertise and knowledge transfer, promoting employment or self-employment in fair working conditions and raising awareness for gender equality.
The Service Room is used by students and teachers during professional practice. Thanks to the investments of the SEED project, it is equipped with professional kitchen and demonstration hall of the restaurant. In addition to the infrastructure in the hall it has also been invested with many necessary equipment and appliances which are necessary for practical work.
One of the profiles within the direction of Hotel and Tourism direction is the Hotel Hospitality Assistant, as well as Hotel Assistant, a direction that lasts 3 years and where education in this profile is carried out according to the dual education model. Part of the education takes place in the school and the other in the partner businesses. The advantages of this manner of education are that students are part of the intensive cooperation between the school and business during schooling, where they are enabled to acquire the necessary knowledge through intensive practice for the profession required by local and foreign employers.
Program name: Hotel Tourism
Program duration: 3 years
Number of participants in groups: Depending on the number of students from 13 to 20 students then the groups are divided from 5-7
TE PROGRAM GOAL (WORK COMPETENCY):
- – To prepare the workplace for cooking and service.
- – To use and maintain work tools, equipment and materials.
- – To communicate ethically and professionally with colleagues and clients.
- – To work in groups.
- – To implement the rules of personal hygiene, tools, equipment and workplace, according to the HACCP and ISO standard.
- – To apply the standards of the profession.
- – To implement customer health and safety care requirements (consumer protection).
- – To implement the storage conditions of drinks and food by type.
- -To prepare salads in the kitchen.
- -To prepare basic sauces in the kitchen.
- -To prepare simple supas in the kitchen.
- – To prepare basic doughs and assortments with them.
- – To prepare simple assortments of meats, minced meats and other internal meats.
- – To prepare simple assortments of fish and seafood in the kitchen.
- – To prepare sweet sauces.
- – To prepare basic creams in confectionery.
- – To apply the rules of aesthetics in cooking and service.
- – To arrange and furnish the service room.
- -To perform services in the restaurant and the client room.
- -To prepare and serve hot drinks.
- – To separate waste by type.
“Developing students’ personalities to live in harmony with the world around them and preparing them for employment in professional activities directly related to services in the field of hotel and tourism.”
- adequate learning opportunities, regardless of gender, race, creed and ability;
- opportunities for all to develop professional competencies, based on knowledge, habits, attitudes and values, sufficient to facilitate employment and advancement towards further vocational education and training;
- support to get acquainted with the rules of technical safety and environmental protection in accordance with international standards and to implement them strictly;
- support to develop a sense of discipline, intellectual and professional curiosity, and moral values; support to develop psychologically and physically, to cope with the difficulties that will be encountered during future professional activities;
- support to develop a spirit of tolerance and trust through work experience.
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- The student prepares for the work processes in the hotel hospitality
- The student knows the levels and bearers of responsibilities and obligations for the processes
- The student is acquainted with the work processes in the provision of accommodation services
- The student prepares for service delivery jobs in service lounges and bars
- The student prepares for preparatory and production work in the warehouse and kitchen ward
- Preparations for the practical implementation of work processes in the Hotel hospitality
- Stages of work Processes in the hotel service of Food and Beverage UeP
- Food and Beverage Service Systems in Restaurants
- Adequate selection of hotel service system in the restaurant
- Food and beverage industry sectors UeP
- Classification of food and beverage operations UeP
- Etiquette, the importance of etiquette and its implementation in Hotel hospitality